Feeding the Spirit is featured on Comcast Newsmakers!
Who we are
Feeding the Spirit is a non-profit group dedicated to nourishing the bodies, minds and spirits of those in need in the Greensburg community. Our weekly Thursday evening event provides warmth, nourishment, friendship and fellowship for those who are struggling to survive in a world that often leaves them behind. Learn more about how you can help those in need in our community.
Feeding the Spirit's weekly meal is held every Thursday at Otterbein United Methodist Church in Greensburg. Dinner is served from 5:30pm-6:30pm. Guests are welcome to arrive at 4:45pm
At the heart of our mission is an atmosphere of unconditional acceptance and respect for each individual. Within this environment, we work to nourish not just the body, but also the mind and spirit of those in our midst.
• $10,000 grant for assistance to the homeless from the Diocesan Poverty Relief Grant.
• $6000 for homeless assistance from The Westmoreland County Community Foundation Richard King Melon Impact Fund
• $2,500 from the Standard Bank Charitable Foundation
• 4408 meals were served
• $11,463 was spent to house 150 displaced families and individuals in need of overnight shelter
• $17,676 was spent assisting 112 families facing rent problems and/or eviction
• Over $1000 spent on food and gift cards and other assistance to individuals in crisis situations